- Hot/mint/green chutney and tamarind/sweet chutney is used to add extra flavor. You can skip it if needed.
- The 2 types of chutney prepared can be stored in an air tight container in a refrigerator and can be used for other purposes also.
- You can use any kind of bread or even indian bread.
- The garnishing can be adjusted as per the taste.
- Chaat Masala is used for better taste.
Cooking Time : 5 Minutes
Total Taken : 10 Minutes
|Jaggery||Double the amount of tamarind(2 lemon size)|
|Red chilly powder||1.5 tsp|
|Chaat masala||1 tbsp|
- In a bowl, take water,dates,salt and tamarind. Either heat it on stove for 3-4 mints or in a microwave for 1.5-2 mints until it is warm enough.
- To it add jaggery and allow it to soak in that warm water for 10 mints so that jaggery dissolves in it.
- After it cools, remove the seeds from tamarind and dates.
- In mixer jar, add only dates and tamarind by keeping the water as it is. Grind it into a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste back into the same water (water with jaggery dissolved in it).
- In a wok, add the paste along with water and boil on a low flame.
- Add chilly powder and chaat masala.
- Allow it to boil and cool it before storing.
|Mint Leaves||1 Bunch|
|Coriander Leaves||1/2 Bunch|
|Cumin powder||1 tsp|
|Lime Juice(optional)||1-2 tbsp|
- Wash mint leaves and coriander leaves nicely.
- In a mixer jar, add mint leaves,coriander leaves,green chillies,garlic,cumin powder and salt. Grind it into a smooth paste by adding sufficient amount of water.
- Can add lime juice if needed and can be stored in an air tight container.
Ingredients: Arrangement of ingredients for Sev Bread
|Plain Bread/Toast Bread||2|
|Coriander Leaves||finely chopped|
|Chaat Masala||as needed|
|Boiled Potato||1 finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||1 finely chopped|
|Onions||1 finely chopped|
|Sweet/tamarind chutney||as needed|
|Green/hot/mint chutney||as needed|
|Spicy Sev/Sev puri's sev||as needed|
|Tomato Sauce||as needed|
- Spread tamarind/sweet chutney and hot/green/mint chutney evenly onto one slice of bread using a knife.
- Spread finely chopped potato,tomato and onions on top of it.
- Sprinkle chaat masala.
- Keep another slice of bread on top of it.
- Spread tomato sauce evenly onto one side of bread using a knife.
- Sprinkle some khara/spicy sev or sev puri's sev on top and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve and enjoy the taste.