- Number of green chilies depend on how spicy they are. I am using 5 as mine are not very spicy.
- Don't add water as cabbage leaves little water on cooking or use steaming method by covering the pan with a broad plate/thali instead of lid and adding some water on top of the plate so that the water in the plate doesn't allow veggies to get burnt or stick to the bottom of the pan.
- People who are diet conscious can skip adding coconut.
- Optional - Can add 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder and a pinch of asafoetida.
- Cabbage with grated coconut has a low life span so consume within a day or refrigerate.
- Cabbage cooks much faster than any other vegetables so be careful.
Cooking Time : 7 Minutes
Total Time : 12 Minutes
|Green Chilies||5 finely chopped|
|Coconut Oil / Normal Oil||2 tbsp|
|Cumin Seeds / Jeera||1 tbsp|
|Mustard Seeds / Saasama||1 tbsp|
|Dry Red Chilies||2-3 nos chopped|
|Grated Coconut (Optional)||1-2 tbsp|
|Cabbage||1 small finely chopped|
- Heat oil in a pan / deep frying pan.
- Add mustard seeds,cumin seeds and curry leaves. When mustard seeds pop up, add red chilies, green chilies and cabbage. Mix it well.
- Add salt as per taste and close the pan with the lid on low flame.
- Once the cabbage is cooked, turn off the flame and garnish with grated coconut.
- Serve hot as a side dish.