This is very simple but needs lot of patience while roasting it in order to get the crispness.
- Optional - Can use grated carrots, curry leaves and coriander leaves also.
- Can have it without onions then it is called plain rava dosa.
- Adding Cumin seeds gives you nice flavor.
- Mix the batter well every time before putting it on a non-stick pan to prevent the accumulation of rava at the bottom.
- Batter should be very thin like a buttermilk to get the lacy holes. Keep checking the consistency of the batter every now and then and add little water and salt if the batter becomes thick.
- Use non-stick pan and it should be heated well before spreading the batter on it. After spreading the batter, roast the dosa in medium or low flame to give crispy touch.
- No need to roast on the other side as we are roasting it on low or medium flame.
- Adding ghee to the dosa will give nice taste and have it hot for the better results.
- You can sprinkle onion before pouring the batter or directly on dosa i.e., on the batter.
Cooking Time : 4 Minutes
Total Time : 7 Minutes
|Rava / Semolina||1 Cup|
|Rice Flour||1 Cup|
|Plain Flour / Maida / All Purpose Flour||1/2 Cups|
|Cumin Seeds / Jeera||1 tbsp|
|Ginger||1 insh finely chopped or crushed|
|Asafoetida / Hing||pinch|
|Black Pepper Powder||1/4 tbsp|
|Green Chilies||3-4 finely chopped|
|Ghee / Oil||to sprinkle on dosa|
|Onion||2-3 finely chopped|
- Heat a non-stick pan.
- Apply oil / ghee to it and spread it. The pan should be really hot.
- When the smoke starts to come from the pan, sprinkle some onions on the pan and reduce the flame to medium. (NOTE : Sprinkle little onions else you might face the problem while removing the dosa).
- Mix the batter very well and pour the batter onto the pan in a circular movement and spread it well. You can see the lacy holes. (NOTE : If you are unable to see the lacy holes that means your batter is thick or your pan is not hot).
- Apply some ghee / oil on top and roast it on low or medium flame until it is crispy and golden brown in color.
- Serve hot immediately with sambar or any type of chutney.