Aloo Matar / Potato and Peas in Tomato Gravy
Aloo matar is a very famous North Indian Dish. This dish is so simple that it is made with little ingredients and gives you restaurant taste. It goes well with chapathi, naan, rice, fried rice, rumali roti, kulcha and kerela paratha. This recipe is a bit different than authentic aloo matar. I have added some ingredients to make it much more tastier.
- One can also try with other vegetables like baby corn, potatoes, mushroom and any other vegetables of your wish. Gives you almost the same taste.
- Number of green chilies depend on how spicy they are. I am using 5 as mine are not very spicy
- Can use curry leaves also.
- Can add little cashewnuts while making paste to make the gravy thick.
- Asafoetida is used to stimulate appetite and digestion and to help neutralize flatulence.
Time Taken : 15 Minutes
To Be Grinded :
|Green Chillies||5 nos|
|Ginger / Adarak||1 inch|
|Garlic / Lasun||4 Cloves|
|Potatoes||2 big peeled and finely chopped|
|Lemon Juice||1 tbsp|
|Coriander Leaves||2 tbsp finely chopped|
|Onion||1/2 finely chopped|
|Cumin Seeds / Jeera||1 tbsp|
|Mustard Seeds / Saasama||1/2 tbsp|
|Asafoetida / Hing||1/2 tbsp|
|Tumeric Powder / Haldi||1/2 tsp|
|Red Chili Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander Powder / Daniya Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Black Pepper Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 tsp|
- Make a paste of above mentioned ingredients in "To Be Grinded" table.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves(optional).
- Add onions, salt and fry until they are golden brown.
- Now add the paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes and peas. Add red chilly powder, black pepper powder, garam masala powder, Asafoetida, cumin powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add little water and close the lid and allow it to cook on low flame.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add lemon juice and sprinkle coriander leaves on top.
- Serve hot with chapathi, roti, naan or parathas
Post a Comment