Chicken Chettinad is a authentic Tamilnadu dish. This dish is hot and pungent with fresh ground masala's. Chettinad is famous for it's use of a variety of spices. This dish is the spiciest, oiliest and aromatic with chicken cooked with different ingredients like fennel seeds, coriander seeds, poppy and cumin seeds that gives a mind blowing aroma to the curry.
Chicken Chettinad goes well with dosa, plain rice, Appams, parathas, roti, naan (Indian breads).
- Number of chilies depend on how spicy they are. I am using 12 as mine are not very spicy
Preparation Time : 15 Minutes
Cooking Time : 25 Minutes
Total Time : 40 Minutes
Yield : 3-4 servings
To be roasted and grinded :
|Red Chillies||7-8 nos|
|Jeera / Cumin Seeds||2 tbsp|
|Fennel Seeds||2 tbsp|
|Coriander Seeds||2 tbsp|
|Poppy Seeds / Khus Khus||1 tbsp|
|Cardomom / ilayaci||3|
|cinnamom / dalacini||1.5 inch|
|Fresh Grated Coconut||1/2 Cup|
|Clove / lavang||4|
|Tumeric Powder / Haldi||1 tsp|
|Onion||1 large finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 tsp minced|
|Ginger||1 tsp minced|
|Red Chilly Powder||1 tsp|
|Tomatoes||2 large finely chopped|
|Lemon Juice||1 tsp|
|Coriander Leaves||little finely chopped|
Wash and clean the chicken.
- Dry roast and grind to make a paste of above mentioned ingredients in "to be roasted and grinded" table.
- Heat a oil in a pan.
- Add onions and fry until they change their color to golden brown.
- Add salt, garlic, ginger, turmeric powder and curry leaves. Allow it to fry for some time.
- Now add the paste, red chilly powder and tomatoes. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Now its the time to add chicken and cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Check for the salt. Add lemon juice and water. Close the lid and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with dosa, plain rice or chapathi.
Post a Comment