- Number of green chilies depend on how spicy they are. I am using 4 as mine are not very spicy.
- Don't add water to prevent it from absorbing excess oil.
- Green Chilies can be replaced by red chilies.
- Rice Fritters taste best when they are served hot.
- Coriander leaves can also be added.
Cooking Time : 3 Minutes
Total Time : 5 Minutes
Yield : 2-3 servings
|Shitta Bojjo / Rice Fritters|
|Left Over Cooked Rice / Fresh Cooked Rice||1 Cup Smashed|
|Green Chilies||4 finely chopped|
|Ginger||1 inch finely chopped or 2 tbsp paste|
|Onion||1 finely chopped|
|Coriander Leaves||1 tbsp finely chopped|
- Take a bowl and mix all the above mentioned ingredients along with left over cooked rice or fresh rice to form a dough.
- Make equal sized ball out of the dough and flatten the balls a little bit by pressing them in between your palms.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Slowly drop the flattened ball into the frying pan.
- Fry them until both sides are golden brown. Remove and place over a paper towel.
- Serve hot with any accompaniment of your choice.