My mom used to make this along with masala dosa and we used to enjoy its wonderful taste. Even today, me and my husband prefer having this along with masala dosa. Once you have this, I guarantee you that even your preference will change. Mind blowing combo of masala dosa and kurma. Try it and let me know.
- Number of chilies depend on how spicy they are. I am using 4 as mine are not very spicy.
- Can add any other vegetables along with potato and onions.
- If you are more health conscious then you can skip coconut and include an extra onion for the paste.
Cooking Time : 13 Minutes
Total Taken : 20 Minutes
|Green Chilies||3 nos|
|Jeera / Cumin Seeds||1 tblsp|
|Ginger / Adarak||1 inch|
|Garlic / Lasun||5-6 Cloves|
|Cardamom / ilayaci||1|
|Cinnamom / dalacini||2 inch|
|black pepper balls / Kali Mirch||4-5|
|Clove / lavang||3-4|
|Potato||2 boiled and peeled and sliced into cubes|
|Turmeric Powder / Haldi||1/2 tsp|
|Red Chili Powder||2 tsp|
|Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander Powder / Daniya Powder||1 tsp|
|Onion||1 vertically sliced|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 tsp|
|Asafoetida / Hing||1/4 tsp|
|Coriander Leaves||1 tsp finely chopped|
- Make a paste of above mentioned ingredients.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and fry for a minute until it's color changes to brown.
- Add tomato, paste and salt.
- Once it boils and starts to leave oil, add potato into it along with red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, asafoetida and garam masala powder.
- Add little water and leave for some time on low flame by closing the lid.
- Check if potato is boiled.
- Switch off the flame and decorate with coriander leaves if needed.