- Can skip any vegetables mentioned below in ingredients table
- Can add boiled chicken, mutton or egg along with other vegetables.
- Need not have to use exactly the same vegetables what I have used.
- Number of green chilies depend on how spicy they are. I am using 3.
- We are not using any hot spices.
- You can cut the vegetables to the shape you want.
- Optional - Can use coriander leaves and spring onions at the end to garnish.
- I am non adding exactly 2 glass water for 1 glass rice grains so as to prevent it from getting overcooked.
- Be careful when frying garlic and ginger as it quickly changes its color and there is a changes of it getting burnt. ( Tip : As soon as you see the garlic's shrinking in size be ready with your next ingredient )
|Green Chillies||3 nos finely chopped|
|Onion||1/2 finely chopped|
|Ginger / Adarak||1 inch finely chopped|
|Garlic / Lasun||4 Cloves finely chopped|
|Green Peas||1/2 glass|
|Cabbage||1/2 finely chopped|
|Oil / Ghee||4-5 tbsp|
|Basamati Rice Grain / Normal Rice Grains||1 Glass|
|Water||little less than 2 Glass|
|Soya Sauce||2-3 tbsp|
|Tomato Chilly Sauce||1-2 tbsp|
|Red Chilly Powder||3 tbsp|
|Pepper Powder||1-2 tbsp|
Wash and drain the rice grains.
- In a cooker, add rice grains and salt and cook rice. Allow it to cool a little.
- Make a paste by adding red chilly powder to little water in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok or broad non-stick pan. Add garlic, ginger and green chilies. Fry it until the color slightly changes and then add Onions. Fry until it changes its color to brown. Add salt, sugar, soya sauce, tomato chilly sauce, red chilly paste and pepper powder. This is called schezwan sauce.
- Add little water to it and leave it on high flame. When it starts to boil add all the vegetables( carrots, beans, capsicum, cabbage and green peas). Fry them on high flame for 3 minutes. (If needed, can add egg, boiled chicken or mutton at this step).
- Add cooked rice. Mix well and check for the taste. If needed add little soya sauce, pepper powder and salt.
- Serve hot along with ketchup.