- Number of red chilies depend on how spicy they are. I am using 12 as mine are not very spicy.
- Can use coconut or normal oil.
- It tastes awesome the next day.
- Optional - Can add 1-2 sp coconut while grinding.
- Onion is added while making paste as it helps to thicken the gravy and gives nice flavor.
- You can also make this with cauliflower instead of fish. It is called cauliflower panna upkari.
Turmeric Powder / Haldi
Garlic / Lasun
Tamarind / Chinchaam
small lemon size (1 inch)
To be Chopped :
|Green Chillies||2 vertically splitted|
|Onion||2 finely chopped|
|Ginger / Adarak||1 inch finely chopped|
|Coconut Oil / Normal Oil||2tbsp|
- Make a paste of above mentioned ingredients.
4. Add paste and fry until it boils. Now add salt, fish, left over onions and ginger. Can add water now.
5. Allow it to boil.
6. Switch off the stove and have it with hot rice.
|Raja Panna Upkari / Fish Curry / Mackarel in red gravy|