- Number of green chilies depend on how spicy they are. I am using 5 as mine are not very spicy.
- If you don't have any raw mango then use 2 tbsp lime water instead ( Lemon juice).
- Optional - Can use coriander leaves and grated coconut at the end to garnish.
- Can use groundnuts / Peanuts for seasoning if needed.
- Ensure to cool the rice before mixing the rice with tempering. Rice breaks easily when it is hot & the whole dish becomes sticky.
- Check the sourness of the raw mango. Indian small raw mangoes would be very sour. When using them, add a little less than 1 mango for the above mentioned rice.
Cooking Time : 5 Minutes
Total Time : 10 Minutes
|Green Chillies||6 nos finely chopped|
|Raw Mango||1/2 small finely chopped or grated|
|Onion||1 finely chopped|
|Mustard Seeds / Saasama||1 tbsp|
|Cumin Seeds / Jeera||1 tbsp|
|Split Urad Dal (Optional)||1 tbsp|
|Turmeric Powder / Haldi||1/2 sp|
|Asafoetida / Hingu||1/2 sp|
|Leftover rice||3 cups|
- Heat oil in a pan. Add split urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilies, Asafoetida and curry leaves. Fry for 2 minutes.