NOTE : One can also make gobi paratha, cabbage paratha and any other vegetable paratha using this same recipe by substituting potato with the required vegetable.
Time Taken : 20 Minutes
|2 nos finely chopped
|Jeera / Cumin Seeds
|1 finely chopped
|Garlic / Lasun
|4 finely chopped
|little finely chopped
|Garam Masala Powder
- Take 3 potatoes if big in size else take 4. Boil it using little water. Once the potatoes are boiled. Smash them nicely.
2. Make a dough by using wheat flour, salt, oil and water. And Knead nicely for 5 mints.
Once done wrap the dough using the plastic cover or cloth or cover it using a container.
3. To make a stuffing above mentioned ingredients in stuffing table must be finely chopped as shown in the picture.
4. Heat a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, chopped red chilies and garlic. Fry until the color changes to brown. Now add Onion and fry until it turns brown. Add salt, garam masala powder, pepper powder, cumin powder and coriander powder and mix well. When you get a nice aroma its time to add smashed potatoes. Mix well and switch off the stove and add lime water and coriander leaves.
5. Now take a small dough ball and roll it, add 2 tbsp stuffing to it as shown in a picture. Fold it as shown in a picture
6. Now roll it again slowly as shown in the picture. Dont worry about the shape or if the stuffing comes out a little
7. Now put it on pan and roast it by adding little oil or butter on top of it until it is crispy.
8. Aloo paratha is ready to be served with curd or pickle or anything else of your choice.
Points To Remember :
- You can also have it without using oil or butter.