White Vegetable Pulao
- Can add any vegetables of your choice or can try with chicken, mutton or egg also .
- Need not have to use exactly the same vegetables what I have used.
- Number of green chilies depend on how spicy they are. I am using 6 as mine are not very spicy.
- As we are not using any hot spices / garam masala your taste completely depends on vegetables you have selected and Oil / Ghee. So If you like ghee i would suggest you to use half ghee and half oil or you can use any one among them.
- You can cut the vegetables to the shape you want.
- Optional - Can use coriander leaves and spring onions at the end to garnish.
- I am non adding exactly 2 glass water for 1 glass rice grains so as to prevent it from getting overcooked. If you like it to be overcooked or if you are scared to add less water or if you are trying to cook rice using not exactly twice the amount of water for the first time then you can follow the ratio that you always use.
- Be careful when frying garlic and ginger as it quickly changes its color and there is a changes of it getting burnt. ( Tip : As soon as you see the garlic's shrinking in size be ready with your next ingredient )
- Tip : Although, rinsing and soaking rice grains is not necessary, it does help to lighten the grain. Soaking times can be from 5-30 minutes. The longer the soaking, the shorter the cooking time.
- Can add lime water while adding rice grains or on opening the lid after whistles.
Yield : 3 servings
|White Vegetable Pulao
|6 nos finely chopped
|1/2 finely chopped
|Ginger / Adarak
|1 inch finely chopped
|Garlic / Lasun
|4 Cloves finely chopped
|Oil / Ghee
|little less than 2 Glass
Wash and drain the rice grains.
- Take a cooker. Add oil / ghee.
- Once the oil / ghee heats up. Add garlic, ginger and green chilies. Fry it until the color slightly changes and then add Onions. Fry until it changes its color to brown. Add salt.
- Now add vegetables one by one and fry them for 2-3 minutes. At this time you will get a nice aroma of vegetable flavors. Add rice grains and fry it along with vegetables in the oil / ghee for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add lime water and close the lid and keep the stove on high flame.
6. Wait for 1-2 whistles. Open the lid after it cools and serve it when hot.