Hot & Sour Cauliflower

One day suddenly  I felt like having something little sour, spicy and hot with a vegetable. But I had only cabbage and cauliflower in my kitchen. Among them I like cauliflower more. So I picked up a cauliflower and for the sourness tamarind and for spiciness with attractive color I chose red chilly powder. Taking all this together I had to prepare one dish. It was raining outside and I was so hungry that I din't have time to plan anything so I simply started off and finally obtained a masterpiece. It was far better than my expectation. This dish goes well with chapathi, roti, rice or bread. It is a best combination with saru, dally or any curry which is light.

NOTE : 
  • Can use any number of different vegetables.
  • Tamarind water is made by soaking tamarind in a cup of water until soft. Squeeze the pulp repeatedly with your fingers to dissolve it. Discard the fibrous material and just use the thick liquid.
  • Add little water when boiling cauliflower if tamarind water evaporates and cauliflower is not completely cooked.
Time Taken : 15 Minutes

Yield : 2-3 servings

Hot & Sour Cauliflower
Hot & Sour Cauliflower

Ingredients:

Cauliflower1 small
Garlic / Lasun4 Cloves crushed
Cumin / Jeera1 tbsp
Tamarind water4-5 tbsp
Tumeric Powder / Haldi1/2 tsp
Red Chili Powder2-3 tbsp
Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder / Daniya Powder1/2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder1 tsp
Oil2 tblsp
Saltas needed

Cut the Cauliflower and soak it in a warm water with little salt for 5 minutes.

Method :

  1. Take a pan. Add oil, cumin and garlic Fry garlic until it changes it color to brown.
  2. Add tamarind water, salt and cauliflower into it. 
  3. When the cauliflower is half cooked, add red chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, pepper powder, garam masala powder and tumeric powder. Mix well
  4. Switch off the stove when cauliflower os cooked and water is evaporated and serve it when hot.

Comments

Popular Posts

Phenori / Sweet Satta

Shavige Bath / Vermicelli Upma

Kulta Kadhi / Kulta Saar-Upkari / Horsegram Soup

Set Dosa / Mushti Polo

Gointa Podi ( Pointed Gourd Fry )