- Number of green chilies depend on how spicy they are. I am using 5 as mine are not very spicy.
- Optional - Can use coconut and cashew nuts for garnishing.
- Better to use a non-stick pan or heavy bottomed pan.
- I am using half oil and half ghee. If you want you can use any one.
- Combination of oil and ghee enhances the taste.
- Semolina / Rava takes only 5 minutes to cook.
- Tear the curry leaves with hands while adding it as that will increase its flavor.
- Use scissors to cut red chilies directly at the time of adding it by keeping it on top of the pan so that its seeds doesn't spread all over your kitchen.
- The boiling water is added so that the semolina cooks quickly and does not get sticky if it is not fried properly.
Time Taken : 10
|Green Chillies||6 nos finely chopped or vertically sliced|
|Curry Leaves||7- 8|
|Split Urad Dal / Urda Dally||1 tbsp|
|Mustard seeds / Saasama||1 tbsp|
|Semolina / Rava||1/2 glass|
|Water||1 + 1/2 cup|
- Take a pan, add 2 glasses water to it and salt. Allow it to boil.