- Can use green chilies or red chilly powder.
- People use different combination and ratios of flours like wheat flour, semolina, rice flour and plain flour.
Cooking Time : 5 Minutes
Total Time : 12 Minutes
|Plain Flour / Maida||2 Cups|
|Wheat Flour||2 Cups|
|Warm Water||2 Cups|
|Red chilly powder / Green chilies||2-3 tbsp / 7-8 finely chopped|
|Cumin Seeds / Jeera||1 tbsp|
|Sugar||1 tbsp slightly crushed|
|Hot oil||2 tbsp|
|Asafoetida / Hing||1/2 pinch|
|Rice Flour (Optional)||2 tbsp|
- Make a dough by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl.
3. Make a ball out of the dough.
4. Roll the ball into a flat round shape to form a chapathi.
5. Run a cookie cutter/pizza blade/other end of a spoon diagonally across the chapathi to make a diamond or square shapes. Repeat until all the dough has been used up to roll into chapathi's and cut into shapes.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan.
7. Drop the diamond shapes into the hot oil and fry until the color changes to pinkish brown and till they puff up and become crisp.
|Spicy Tukdi / Shankerpalli|