- Number of green chilies depend on how spicy they are. I am using 3 as mine are not very spicy.
- You can either make this dish with toor dal or moong dal or both together.
- Can use garlic ginger paste if needed.
- Can make use of any vegetables in this dish or can have it plain without any vegetables.
- Can make use of onions only if needed.
- Can make use of oil or ghee or even both.
- Can add coriander and gram masala powder if needed.
- Can make use of cashew nuts if needed.
- Include the above mentioned ingredients as per your taste.
- Tamarind water is made by soaking tamarind in a cup of water until soft. Squeeze the pulp repeatedly with your fingers to dissolve it. Discard the fibrous material and just use the thick liquid.
Cooking Time : 10 Minutes
Total Time : 12 Minutes
|Green Chillies||3 nos finely chopped|
|Garlic / Lasun||4-5 cloves smashed|
|Red Chilly||4 small pieces|
|Cumin Seeds / Jeera||1 tbsp|
|Toor Dal||1/2 Cup|
|Turmeric Powder / Haldi||1/2 sp|
|Asafoetida / Hingu||1/2 sp|
|Tamarind water||2 tbsp|
|Oil / Ghee||2 tbsp|
|Rice Grains||1 Cup|
- Heat oil in a cooker. Add split cumin seeds, green chilies, red chilies, garlic, pepper, Asafoetida and curry leaves. Fry for 2 minutes.